WHEN teh clever Penguin puts up a post about Men, Women, and/or Can These Two “Immovable” Forces Co-exist in ANY Way That Makes Sense, who are we to limit the snarky musings to just one day? We’re pretty sure such a weighty and/or confusing topic requires the proper amont of time to ponder and/or comment upon, which is why we are perfectly content to let this fabulous post stay up for one more day! Not to mention the fact that we really wanted to sleep in. ~ snuppy
* * * * *
A girlfriend and I met two days ago and we got into chatting for hours. I did mention we were two girls meeting up right?
We had some red wine, a lovely meal in a pricy restaurant, truly enjoying the sights of spunky waiters aorund us.
And as two single girls we were sitting and wondering why it is that the both of us were…well sitting and wondering about life, when it seems that the rest of the female population our age was at home, preparing dinner, changing diapers and getting their husband´s slippers.
Now there we were when I asked Vida:
“Is there something fundamentally unmarriable about us?”
“Don´t know, we always send them on their way before we can find out!”
See what feminism has done to us?
In that spirit I
stole borrowed these lovely reminders from the net:
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
2. Men wake up as good-looking as when they went to bed.
Women somehow deteriorate during the night.
3. A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn’t want.
4. A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn’t.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won’t change, and she does.
5. There are two times when a man doesn’t understand a woman.
Before and after marriage.
6. A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
7. To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.
8. Any married man should forget his mistakes.
There’s no use in two people remembering the same thing!
9. A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.
10. Women look at a wedding as the beginning of romance,
post scriptum…these examples exclude present company. In particular Puppy and Bobo, who are just obnoxiously happy and one of them had birthday yesterday as well! Some people have everything, don’t they? *grins*
28 Comments so far
Leave a comment